Saturday, August 11, 2012

Breakfast Idea: Bacon & Egg Cups

I call this a breakfast idea rather than a recipe because really, let's not kid ourselves, cracking an egg into a muffin tin lined with bacon isn't exactly rocket science. However, Autumn and her kiddos spent a couple days here this week and she told me about this delicious looking breakfast, so I had to try it for myself. After posting a photo on IG you can also apparently find this all over Pinterest too, so here I am, telling you that YES- this idea is pinnable, doable, and lovable. It turned out really well and I wanted to share it with all of you. I ate mine fresh out of the oven, but Autumn says that she bakes a bunch in advance and then just heats them up. Enjoy!

What you'll need:

a muffin/cupcake tin
cooking spray/something to coat the tray with
bacon (I used uncured turkey bacon)
a small bowl and a fork for mixing
eggs
salt/pepper to taste
chopped veggies

Bacon and Egg Cups
Bacon and Egg Cups

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350.

Spray your tin or coat it so the bacon/eggs don't stick. And if you like your bacon a little crispy, I suggest precooking your bacon a bit beforehand.

In a small bowl, whisk together one egg per muffin cup and omit any or all yolks- totally up to you. I made four cups and used four egg whites and 1.5 yolks. If you're adding any chopped veggies mix them in now. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Line each muffin cup with one slice of bacon.

Pour the egg mixture into each cup.

Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, or until the egg is firm and a fork comes out clean when inserted.

Enjoy!

Bacon and Egg Cups Bacon and Egg Cups Bacon and Egg Cups

28 comments:

  1. Oh my god those are beautiful. I really need to get into cooking and stay away from the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh those are so cute! and i love your heart measuring cup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fat-free bacon is pointless bacon in my book, but I definitely need to make these. Coconut oil would be a good cup liner, as it's not a terrible fat like most cooking sprays, and it's easy to apply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my friends just made a version of these but with Canadian bacon so that it basically formed a little cup, and sprinkled chives on top! Also she didn't scramble the eggs, just plopped them in carefully so it was almost a sunny side up situation- I bet there are a lot of variations to have fun with. Definitely trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Canadian bacon....that one gets me every time.


    If you use a silicon muffin tin, you won't need to spray your pan at all. They just pop right out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look really good -- if only I could get my husband to eat eggs lol...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing this! i showed my husband and he's demanding it for dinner LOL... i'll be making pancakes with his favorite turkey bacon from whole foods :(

    xxxo, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh yum! <3

    Val

    http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get out of my head! :) I just posted about these this past week!
    http://notsoaveragemomma.blogspot.com/2012/08/nap-time-craft-time-bacon-egg-muffins.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need these in and around my mouth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, this just made me laugh so hard!

      Delete
    2. HA! Me too. Best comment ever.

      Delete
  11. What a great idea! My husband is a huge bacon fan and would just LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a vegetarian buut I'm going to keep these in mind for my boyfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that's such a good idea! :D
    Looks delicious! I literally just ate breakfast and I'm already hungry again!

    love, Saar

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute breakfast entertaining idea! Isn't that turkey bacon delicious? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Read about these a lot. I guess NOW I really have to try them myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy! My kids would love these.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks yummy! Would you consider allowing others to pin this recipe? I would love to save it. Thanks for your consideration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to pin away! <333

      Delete
    2. Danielle,

      Thank you! For some reason when I go to pin your images, it says "sorry, you cannot pin this image". Am I missing a step? Thanks again for your generosity! :)

      Delete
  18. These are so easy for the morning! Perfect to make on weekends!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are making these this week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks delish! I'm definitely going to have to try it out and see how the kiddos like it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. we don't eat pork so the turkey bacon (which my husband loves) and this recipe is something I am going to try this week!!!! I am excited. Question though, what size measuring cup is a good idea to use for each muffin cup section? I could guess-timate though, just curious. I'm going to do this tomorrow morning, now that I think about it.
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips